Thanks to the Model “C” Out-of-Round Attachment cutting and beveling imperfect pipe is no problem. The Model “C” Out-of-Round rides the outside diameter of the pipe and compensates for errors in roundness by using a spring-loaded, dove-tailed slide. This action enables square ends to be created on out-of-round pipe.
Like the Model “C” Adjustable Torch Holder the Out-of-Round has two rack-and-pinion driven, dove-tailed slide assemblies, providing independent horizontal and vertical torch movements. A built-in protractor facilitates precise bevel angle settings for forward- or back-beveling.
The Model “C” Out-of-Round Attachment fits all H & M Models 1 through 6 Standard Beveling Machines that cut and bevel 3″ to 48″ pipe. The Model No. 0 requires a special adapter plate.
Mount the Model “C” Out-of-Round Attachment to the ring gear following the same procedures used to bolt the standard torch holder to the machine.
Model “C” Out-Of-Round Attachment
- The lifting lever #1 in diagram 4 is used to raise and lower the Our of Round from the pipe OD.
- When the Out of Round is engaging the OD of the pipe, it is being held there under spring tension. This allows the torch height to be compensated for any highs and lows in the pipe.
- Set the desired angle for the cut by loosening “T” handle #2 and positioning the torch holder to the proper degree as shown on the degree selector slide, then tighten “T” handle #2.
- Insert the torch into the torch holder assembly until the tip is in the approximate cutting position, then tighten the thumbscrew.
- Fine vertical adjustment of the torch may be made by turning knob #3.
- Fine horizontal adjustment of the torch may be made by turning knob #4.
- Adjustment for eliminating the blow hole is achieved by turning knob #4, so the cut is established outside the intended line of the cut. Turn knob #4 to move the torch horizontally into the desired line of the cut when the high-pressure oxygen valve has been opened and the cut established. Start rotating the machine either manually or with an electric motor.
- After completing a cut using the Out-of-Round Attachment, use the Lifting Lever #1 to raise and lock the torch holder up and away from the pipe.
- Release the boomer assembly and remove the machine.
|Item No.||Part No.||Description||No. Required|
|1||C8||Torch Adjusting Vertical Slide w/ Rack||1|
|2||C7||Torch Slide Housing||1|
|3||C20-2.25||2.25" Take Up Gib||1|
|4||C20-3.50||3.50" Take Up Gib||1|
|5||C25||torch Adjusting Horizontal Slide w Rack||1|
|6||C16||Degree Selector Slide||1|
|7||C3||Knob & Pinion Assembly||2|
|9||OUT-02||Cam Guide Wheel Assembly||2|
|10||OUT-03||Stationary Guide Wheel Assembly||2|
|13||C-18||Degree Selector Housing||1|
|14||c12-U||Upper V Clamp Block||1|
|15||C12-L||Lower V Clamp Block||1|
|16||C4||Degree Selector Knob||1|
|17||BM12-13-14||Contour Wheel Assembly||1|
|18||C11||Back Mounting Bracket & Spacer||1|
|19||OUT-06||Guide Wheel Plate||1|
|20||OUT-07||Negator Spring Bracket Assembly||1|